Some Press Releases
Bash Enterprises is back with a vengeance!
BASH is back with the previously released All-EPP Combat Flying wings known as the Mongo and Mongo Jr.
The Mongo is a huge, 8 foot ultra-combat beast and the light lift counterpart, the famous Mongo Jr. Kits are now available for ordering from BASH Enterprises.
November, 2004 - Dynamic Modelling
If you have a Futaba 8U, the new 8S or (FF8) system or know someone else who does, you will be interested in the following information. Visit Dynamic Modelling's web site
The Futaba 8-Channel Book is a 186-page softbound book. It is perfect-bound and shrink-wrapped for your protection.
In answer to those desiring more information on the book's contents, here is the Table of contents for the book "Getting The Most Out of Futaba's 8-Channel Radio Control Systems":
- Chapter 1: Quick Start. Quick Step-By-Step Four-Channel Sport Model Setup
- Chapter 2: BASIC Menu Structure Details: General things on the 8U that you ought to be aware, Setting Servo Neutrals, Hints About Splined Servo Arms, Servo Travel & "Boosting" servos, Comments on electronic & mechanical trims, Trim Functions, Transmitter "Modes", Differences Between Airplane & Heli Systems, What's The Difference Between A Super 8 and a non-Super 8, Moving Trim To The Other Side Of The Throttle/Airbrake Stick, Transmitter Warning Messages
- Chapter 3: The 8U Housekeeping Functions: Model Memory, Naming Functions, Timer Functions, Failsafe, Saving a Copy, External Memory
- Chapter 4: Settings To Make Flying Easier: Dual Rates, EXPO, Trainer Function
- Chapter 5: "Advanced" Programming For Aircraft: Flaperons, Airbrakes, Elevator -< Flap Mixing, Fun-Fly Airplane, V-Tail Mixing, Elevon Mixing, Differential Ailerons & Coordinating Turns, Ailevator, Snap Roll
- Chapter 6: Engine Functions: Throttle Cut, Throttle ATL, Idle-Down, Engine Start Function, Throttle -< Needle Valve Mixing, Throttle Delay Function
- Chapter 7: Programmable Mixers: What are they, 16 programmable mixer examples including aileron-<rudder, twin engines, smoke, airbrakes, drop flaps with a switch, v-tails with differential, tailless models, and more.
- Chapter 8: Helicopter Programming: Flight Modes, 5-Point Curves, Throttle Curve, Pitch Curve, Throttle Cut, Throttle Hold, Offsets, Delay Function, Hovering Throttle & Pitch, Throttle-<Needle Mixing, Inverted Function, Setting Up Pitch and Throttle Curves, Helicopter Setup Instructions, Programmable Mixing for Helicopters, Four Mixing Examples, Collective & Cyclic Pitch Mixing (CCPM), Super 8 Helicopter Features
- Chapter 9: Sailplane Functions: Using Four Wing Servos: Aileron -< Flap Mixing & Differential, Butterfly Glide Path Control; Six Sailplane Programmable Mixing Examples, Presets for Steepest Launches & Speed, Camber Changing, Programming A Contest Sailplane, Sailplane Trimming
- Appendix: Changing Frequency, Servo Swapping, Batteries, High-Current Wiring & Y-Connectors, Cycling batteries, Instructions For Replacing Broken Toggle Switches, Converting To The Helicopter Version/Moving 3-Position Switch To The Left Side, Problem With Broken Pins, Synthesized Frequency Gear, Use With Five-Channel Hitec Receivers, Using Hitec's 555 Receiver Without Soldering, Electrical Noise, DSC Cords, Make Your Own CamPAC.
- Index: approximately 480 entries, by alphabet. Many are listed doubly by different name or topic to ease searching.
If you don't want the Futaba 8 guide, we do publish the "Guide to Computer Radio Control Systems", which is applicable to all kinds of programmable RC systems (including Airtronics, Futaba, JR, and Hitec), and the "Programming the Futaba Super 7 for Aircraft and Sailplanes" book which is applicable to the Super 7 as well as the newer T6XA radios. We also sell an extremely detailed comparison chart that tells which of the 80+ features and functions that the 25+ makes and models have (or don't have).
Don Edberg, Author and Publisher